Saturday, May 18, 2013

Request: American Airlines

Yet another request from Ani. If you want to see her other requests, check them out here and here! :) This time she asked me to do a manicure based on the American Airlines logo!




I saved this design for last simply because I knew it was going to be the hardest to get right. I had planned on putting the entire logo on one nail, but my nailbeds are to small. So I had to break it up. But I have to say, I really like how it turned out. And the clouds are a nice touch, in my opinion. XD

On all my nails I started with a base of French White Creme by Wet N' Wild Wild Shine. Then on my thumb and pinky I sponged a gradient with Bahamian Escape by China Glaze and Secret Peri-Wink-le by China Glaze.  Then I added the clouds with white.

For the logo, I did the home-made stickers again. For the red I used Cherry Red by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear and the blue is Pacific Blue by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear. I struggled with these a little because I made them a little to far in advanced. They were really stiff and wouldn't wrap around the curve of my nails. So I had to redo the stickers. But oh well! You've gotta learn from your mistakes, I guess.

Again, all my thanks goes out to Ani. I hope she, and everyone else, loves this mani as much as I do. :) Enjoy! 
~Samantha Rae
-----

Cherry Red by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear
Pacific Blue by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear
Bahamian Escape by China Glaze
Secret Peri-Wink-le by China Glaze
French White Creme by Wet N' Wild Wild Shine


*Polishes purchased by me. The opinions above are my own and should be taken as such. I am not a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment