Friday, May 31, 2013

Summer Neon

It's already that time of year again. The weather forecast this weekend in Southern California is in the 90's. Summer is un-officially upon us! So do you know what that means? NEONS!



 To be honest, I'm not much of a neon fan. I have this thing about never wanting to look like I have a tan. Yes, I'm that weirdo who goes to the beach, fully clothed, with my bottle of sunscreen and a huge umbrella.  I know it's a sin to live in So Cal, where it is sunny 90% of the time, and want to hide from the suns rays but I like being pasty white! So sue me. So when I put on neon polish, I can't help but whimper a little at how tan it makes my hands look.


But sometimes I feel the need to grab those neon polishes and slather them all over my nails and enjoy the color. This is especially relevant when it's warm outside and the sun is really bright and strong. Like this weekend!

Okay, okay. Onto the design. I started with a white base, then grabbed my China Glaze neon polishes (listed at the bottom of this post) and painted random stripes/designs with a detail brush. After that dried, I grabbed some water and white polish. I did a water spotted water marble using the tutorial by SimpleLittlePleasures on youtube. Then after that dried and I cleaned it up with some acetone and a q-tip, I topped it all off with Pirouette My Whistle by OPI. 


I really like how this all turned out. The white on top of the neon reminds me of the 1980's. Almost like neon with lace over top. Unfortunately, the colors kinda bled into the white... but it adds personality!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :) Enjoy! 
~Samantha Rae

-----

Splish Splash by China Glaze
I'm With The Lifegaurd by China Glaze
Sun-Kissed by China Glaze
Orange You Hot? by China Glaze
Surfin' For Boys by China Glaze
Love's A Beach by China Glaze
Beach Cruise-r by China Glaze
French White Creme by Wet N' Wild Wild Shine
Glitter: Pirouette My Whistle by OPI


*Polishes purchased by me. The opinions above are my own and should be taken as such. I am not a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment