Friday, August 16, 2013

Q is For...

Sorry guys. Yesterday completely ran away from me. It wasn't until I woke up this morning that realized I forgot to post! Complete bonehead move on my part. Sorry! But at least I have another installation of my ABC challenge for you all. ^_^





'Q' was one of my tough letters as I couldn't come up with a decent design. I even resorted to looking through the dictionary and still came up short. But then when I was flipping through my stamping plates I say those lovely bees. Then I saw a crown. And that was when it clicked.
 

I decided to go with my current favorite color combo, pink and gold, for this design. I thought that pink represented the girly queen bee where the gold represented her honey. Oh, and the design on my index finger are roses. I found that some people had a hard time distinguishing between the positive and negative space... which I can completely understand. I even fell victim to that after someone pointed it out to me.

Not many pictures, sadly. I forgot to take more! I'm batting a thousand with this one. And for a list of polishes and supplied I used, please refer to the list at the bottom of this post. I used so many polishes I can't remember off the top of my head.

I hope you enjoyed this design as much as I do.
 ~Samantha Rae

Interested in the other designs in this collection?
A-I / J / K / L / M / N / O / P  / Q / R / S / T / U / V / W / X / Y / Z
-----

Pinky:
Passion by China Glaze
Blonde Bombshell by China Glaze

Ring:
Sugar High by China Glaze
Passion by China Glaze
Stamping Plate- BM08 (Bundle Monster 2011)

Middle:
Butter-fly Stroke by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Black Konad Special Polish
French White creme by Wet N'Wild Wild Shine
White Cap by China Glaze
Clearly Quick by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Stamping Plate- Cheeky Jumbo Plate 7 "Wild At Heart"

Index:
Sugar High by China Glaze
Rapid Red by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Stamping Plate- BM-H16 (Bundle Monster 2013 Holiday)

Thumb:
Butter-fly Stroke by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Lighthouse by China Glaze
Passion by China Glaze
Stamping- Plate W113 (Winstonia)
Large Gold Hex-Glitters


*Polishes and plates purchased by me. The opinions above are my own and should be taken as such. 
I am not a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment