Sunday, March 30, 2014

Stamping Rainbow Gradient Chevrons...

Having too much fun with all these wonderful colors. I can't even tell you... I can't. So instead of telling you, I shall show you!





I mean, don't you just want to jump into those colors?! So fun! This almost leans a little more Summer to me than Spring, but I just couldn't resist. This time of year I always fall into a rainbow kick. And this year is no exception.


 The technique I used for this design is called gradient stamping. No, I didn't stamp over a gradient, I actually stamped a gradient! It's surprisingly really fun and easy to do. I already have the tutorial in the works, so stay tuned. ;) Here is the tutorial, in case you're interested to see how I did this!


I have a feeling I've seen this pattern on a set of towels or something, but it's escaping me right now. I love how the colors blend into each other. I really like the pink-yellow-green (ring finger) and the green-blue-purple (index finger). So beautiful!!!

 

And just to show the variety of blending, here is my left hand! Loving the smooth gradient between yellow and blue on my ring finger. X3

I hope you love this design as much as I do. ;) May your day be filled with rainbow colors!

~Samantha Rae

-----

Pink: Knockout Pink by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Yellow: Butter-fly Stroke by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Green: In A Splash by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Blue: Brisk Blue by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Purple: Lively Lilac by Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
White: White On The Spot by Milani

Chevron: BM-425 (2013 CYO Bundle Monster Set)



*Polishes purchased by me. The opinions above are my own and should be taken as such. I am not a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment