Monday, May 5, 2014

Dorothy Gale, from Kansas...

If you've been following me for a while, you might have realized by now that I am a nostalgic person. I love looking back and reminiscing about the 'good old days'. But doesn't everyone? And this is why there is a huge fad going around, and has been for a while, called Throwback Thursday (#TBT). I'm a little late on the bandwagon, but I was looking through old family photos looking for some stuff to share and I found this:


 Now, I'm not one to brag, but wasn't I adorable? I'm a little over 5 years old here. I remember living in this Halloween costume. This was 1992, when you couldn't just go out and buy costumes. This was hand-made by my mom, who herself is a huge Judy Garland fan. She made everything from the dress down to the ruby slippers. We still have it tucked away in the garage somewhere...

Where am I going with this, you may ask? When I saw this pictures I knew I had to do a Dorothy Gale inspired nail design!



Inspired by her dress and famous shoes, here is the look I created. It's nothing super original, but I know the 5-year-old in me loves it.


 I went with a blue base them stamped the gingham over top. For the shoes, I applied a red base them red glitter. I had a hard time finding the right bow from my collections of stamping images, so I opted for a bell design from Pueen 2013 Set 24E- "Love Elements" plate Pueen38. Only, instead of using the whole image, I scraped off the bell and just used the bow. Innovative, right?


Thanks for stopping by. ;) Thanks for putting up with my story and I really hope you like the design. And if you have any ideas for fairytale inspired nail designs you want me to try, let me know in the comments below!

~Samantha Rae

-----

Red Base: The Thrill of Brazil by OPI
Red Glitter: Ruby Pumps by China Glaze
Blue: One Day Without Blues by Essie (AKA Coat Azure by Essie)
White Konad Special Polish

Gingham: Mash-50 (Mash Nail Art Image Plate Set (Mash-26 - Mash-50))
Bows (From Bell Image): Pueen38 (2013 Set 24E- "Love Elements")



*Polishes purchased by me. The opinions above are my own and should be taken as such. I am not a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment